When we are closed:
If you have a life threatening emergency call 999
Call 999 for emergencies such as:
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain.
If you need help fast but it is not an emergency call 111
You should call 111 when:
- You think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
- Your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- You don’t know who to call for medical help.
- Calls to 111 are FREE from land lines and mobiles
- NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year
The out-of-hours period is as follows:
Monday – Friday: from 6.00pm to 8.00am the following day
Weekends: from 6.00pm on Friday to 8.00am on Monday
Bank holidays: from 6.00pm the evening before the bank holiday to 8.00am the day after.
In addition to dispensing prescriptions the large network of community pharmacies across Co Durham and Darlington provide a wide range of services e.g. minor ailments, sexual health and smoking cessation services.
A number of pharmacies provide extended opening hours including opening in the evenings and at weekends, details of all pharmacies in County Durham and Darlington can be accessed via www.durhamlpc.org.uk We recommend that you telephone a pharmacy to check they can provide the service you need before you set off.